Uplift Community Development strives to impact the community through various programs and events. We seek volunteers for these three positions as they allow us to directly impact the schools and students in our local area. If you are interested in any position, fill out the contact tab form and we will provide you with the information on how to get started.
Uplifts Mentoring Program is to designed to connect men and women to students in our local communities to impact their lives by:
- Helping students reach their potential
- Guiding students through life experiences
- Providing students with a positive influence
All while allowing Mentors the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child.
Uplifts Tutoring Program was formed to create an environment that provides comprehensive, focused learning that prepares students grades 5th – 8th for academic and life success. We strive to:
- Provide an opportunity for every student to improve their academics along with building self-esteem in what they can achieve
- Deliver an educational program designed to build the foundations of their future success by helping them to become independent learners;
- Help students within the program to achieve their personal education goals;
- Deliver programs for each student to cultivate the learning skills necessary for life success
When Uplift partners with a school, not only do we provide Tutoring and Mentoring, but we do our best to provide the school with volunteers for school-affiliated events. This includes events such as:
- Career Day
- Field Trips
- Reading Days
- First Day of School Encouragement